compensation: Based On Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Recent college graduate? Burned out on public accounting? Come join our growing company as an accounts payable specialist. Our finance team is fast paced, paperless, and work in a fun casual setting. Future growth opportunity is available for the right candidate.
The accounts payable specialist is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enters vendor invoices and internal check requests into accounting software on a daily basis (paperless environment).
• Tracks credit card purchases and matches to expensify reporting for monthly upload.
• Answers all vendor inquiries.
• Completes vendor setup and monitors subcontractor insurance requirements.
• Completes monthly allocations using excel.
• Prints checks at the direction of the Controller and mails/distributes checks weekly
• Books cash activity through journal entry on a daily basis.
• Prepares and mails 1099's on an annual basis.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Background in finance including booking journal entries a plus.
• Proficient with Excel and Microsoft word.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Background in finance including booking journal entries a plus.
Proficient with Excel and Microsoft word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, file or lift office supplies up to 20 pounds. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, talk and hear.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferred but will consider other applicants without a degree based on experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday.
No travel necessary.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers