Northeast Interior Systems of New England, Inc. is recruiting multiple Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers to work out of our New England office. NEIS is a commercial casework and lab furniture supplier/installation company specializing in three vertical markets: K-12, Laboratory/Research and Healthcare. The Project manager will be responsible for coordinating schedules, managing construction documents, and working closely with subcontractors and vendors. We are searching for Project Managers that deliver excellent customer service, enjoys working as part of our team, and are self-motivated and comfortable with a rapidly changing variety of tasks.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Project Manager/Assistant Project Manager will review new projects as assigned, identify submittal requirements, oversee and coordinate the submittal process, creating and monitoring project schedules, communicating with vendors and manufacturers, job-site coordination. Work closely with Architects and General Contractors to obtain approvals and identify products to be provided. This position will require travel within the territory on a weekly or as-needed basis for field dimensions, coordination of project.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities, including contracting, product/equipment ordering, permitting regulatory, construction, optimization, close-out are effectively and efficiently coordinated and completed on time within budget and in accordance with contract.
• Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Negotiate and prepare estimates for change orders.
• Approve invoices from vendors and subcontractors.
• Review shop drawings as required.
• Assign equipment and labor to projects.
• Attend project meetings and jobsite visits as required.
• Bringing project to completion at or under budget.
• 4+ years’ experience in construction, project management or a related field (for Assistant Project Managers 1+ years’ experience)
• 4 year college degree preferred
• Proficiency in computer, tablet, smartphone, internet use, MS Office applications, email and basic office infrastructure
• Ability to organize and prioritize a lot of information, understand spatial relationships/design and communicate professionally
• Record of strong communication skills
We offer a variety of benefits including competitive compensation, comprehensive health, dental, vision coverage, employer sponsored long and short term disability, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and paid time off.