compensation: Salary plus commission on sales employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Dockside Sales Manager (Newport, RI)
Sales Manger needed for busy harbor excursion operation. Candidate should have sales and management experience. Seasonal position, season is approximately 7 months
• Endurance! This position keeps you on your feet all day. Candidate must be physically capable jumping on and off boats, walk on floating docks, tossing, and catching lines and very comfortable working around the water
• sales experience
• Management experience
• Ability to mentor and motivate sales staff
• Foster teamwork between boat and dockside staff
• Communicate regularly with Ops Manager
• Financial responsibility – cash on hand, reports, balancing
• Good decision-making skills
• Be highly confident in front of the public
• Working knowledge of operating an inflatable tender with outboard is a definite plus
This position requires dedication. The operation run 7 days a week and while the Dockside Sales Manager works 5 days a week, the position requires staying in tune with what is happening Dockside at all times. Our ticket desk is open 7 days a week from 8:30 AM until 10Pm at the height of the summer and the sales team will be reporting directly to the dockside sales manager if any issues arrive before or after your workday.
We sell fun, entertaining, and memorable cruises and for the right person, this is a fun and rewarding position. You are working outdoors right in the heart of Newport’s downtown restaurant and shopping area along the waterfront.
Compensation – Salary plus commission
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers