The Schochet Companies is a full-service real estate development and management company. We are currently accepting resumes for a Resident Services Coordinator for multiple apartment communities of independent living located in North Kingstown and Newport, Rhode Island. The Schochet Companies has an AMO designation (Accredited Management Organization) awarded by the Institute of Real Estate Management. Come join a winning team!
Duties/Skills include: service coordination, sponsoring education & wellness programs and working closely with the management team on a variety of challenges towards the goal of seeing the resident community thrive.
• Connecting Residents to services is the primary duty of the RSC. This includes intake, education (services available and application procedures) and referrals of residents to service providers in the general community. These services may include, but are not limited to, home health aides, financial assistance, counseling (mental health and substance abuse), job search/training, general education and food assistance.
• Working as a member of the property management team the RSC also follows up on referrals from other staff regarding tenant issues and concerns. Staff referrals to the RSC are often focused on lease education, conflict resolution, staff support in difficult situations, safety of residents and emergency support.
• RSC duties involve spending time with residents on a one-on-one basis related to a variety of topics that are specific to an individual resident's needs. Residents often have limited outside resources to help them understand forms, letter, and outside services. RSC often bridge this gap in service needs.
• Establish on-site wellness programs as outlined in the RSC budget.
• Advocate, organize, problem-solve and obtain results for residents.
• Establish relationships with agencies and service providers in the community who will provide direct services to residents.
• Develop an inventory of local health, social service and community resources for use by residents, resident's families and caregivers. Assist residents in using these resources.
• Work with property managers and maintenance to assist residents in crisis situations or difficult situations. In addition, serve as a liaison between residents and property management staff.
• Maintain resident confidentiality and comply with code of ethics.
• Produce clearly written files, reports, emails and newsletter as assigned.
Team player with a BS in Social Work or related field required. Experience with senior citizens & people with disabilities is required. Must have valid driver's license and own transportation to travel between properties, attend meetings and conferences when needed.
Competitive salary & excellent benefits! Interested and qualified candidates please submit resume to this ad or fax 617-830-0373. Pre-employment background check & drug test required. EOE
For more information please call Robin @ 617-398-5144
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers