compensation: Based on experience, competitive employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
MILESTONES PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY, PC
696 Newport Ave
Attleboro, MA 02703
Dental Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments
and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Dental Assistant Job Duties:
● Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
● Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
● Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
● Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning
instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
● Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
● Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and
polishing study casts.
● Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and
polishing removable appliances.
● Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug
and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
● Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
● Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
● Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
● Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
● Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following
manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment
inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
● Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed
supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
● Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dental Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Dental Health Maintenance, Use of Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient Services, Creating a Safe, Effective
Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Use of Dental
Technologies, Performing Hygiene (Coronal Polish) Procedures
Must be Licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Must be CPR , Radiation , and Infection Control Certified.
Compensation based on Experience. Willing to Train! Fuel and Uniform Stipend Provided.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers