QR Code Link to This Post
Currently looking for a Medical Receptionist in a specialist private practice with several providers to fill an exciting new front end position within a fast paced practice in the Providence Area. Interested candidates should have at least 1-2 years of experience as a Medical Receptionist and strong insurance knowledge.
Responsibilities of the Medical Receptionist
● Responsible for: checking in and out a high volume of patients for a group of physicians, including verification of demographics, insurance eligibility, input of medications, and updating of all medical history forms.
● Assist with the phone operator on designated days, directing high volume of patient and physician calls, and triaging of patient concerns to nurses.
● Perform all other secretarial duties.
Requirements of the Medical Receptionist
● 1-2 years’ experience as a Medical Receptionist
● Must have insurance knowledge, and prior medical office experience
● Experience with EMR (such as EPIC, Caretracker or E-Clinical Works) is helpful, but not required for candidates with prior medical office experience
● Proper immunizations may be required
● Must be a reliable multi-tasker with a strong professional presentation
● Must be able to perform with high-efficiency in a fast-paced office environment
● Hours: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm with flexibility to adjust schedule as needed
● Medical terminology knowledge and skills
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
● Excellent record of attendance and punctuality