compensation: $11.48 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR DIRECT CARE STAFF
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! WE PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY TRAINING TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATES!!
Sometimes a disability can feel like a barrier blocking the path to dreams. Founded in 1978, Looking Upwards is a private, nonprofit agency offering a wide array of services to adults with developmental/mental health diagnosis and some individuals with special healthcare needs. Our programs have one overall goal, to support people in leading rich and satisfying lives. With the resources of our caring team of professionals, we assist the person in realizing dreams such as success at school, gratifying work, enjoyment of relationships and participation in the wider community.
Candidates should possess excellent communication and active listening skills, upbeat personality, easily able to motivate individuals supported in every aspect of their lives. Other responsibilities will also include providing direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities fostering independence through active participation, medication administration, the ability to lift, bend and transfer, & provide personal care/hygiene support when necessary.
Looking Upwards is currently seeking to hire a direct support staff for a young man living in his own apartment in Newport. Successful candidate will provide supports with ADL's, community integration and other activities that will help him lead a productive life.
Opportunities for advancement!
Employee Benefits - We offer a competitive benefit package for full-time employees, including:
• Healthcare and dental insurance
• Paid time off
• Extended sick time
• Holiday pay
• Life insurance
• Flexible spending account (healthcare & dependent care)
• Employee Referral Incentives
• Employee wellness initiatives
Minimum requirements for employment eligibility include:
• Must be at least 19 years of age
• Must have a valid driver's license with at least 3 years driving experience with less than 3 moving violations
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must be free from convictions of child abuse, felony, physical or sexual assault, past employment history of abuse, mistreatment, neglect and any other conduct deemed disqualifying by Looking Upwards
To learn more or to apply online please visit, www.lookingupwards.org or send your resume to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers