The Schochet Companies is a full-service real estate development and management company seeking a Maintenance Technician at West Broadway Apartments. West Broadway Apartments is a 115 Family Apartment Community and 20 Commercial units located in Newport, RI.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Completion of all types of work orders from residents.
• Completion of all resident apartment turn over tasks.
• Must be able available to complete “On-call” duties.
• Must be able to complete snow removal as needed.
• Depending upon the size of the property a Maintenance Technician may be asked to coordination and/or track the work of subcontractors.
• Conducting property inspections and/or participating on an inspection team.
• Attending monthly safety meetings.
• Complete preventative maintenance activities.
• On-going inspection of tools and equipment for safety.
• Remaining current on all property and apartment shut-offs and sewer clean-outs.
• Full knowledge of property’s emergency procedures.
• Maintain all records required by company policies and procedures, OSHA and EPA.
• Perform all required duties in a professional and confidential manner.
Maintenance technician positions require that an individual be able to lift moderate weights of between 30-60 lbs. on a regular basis and the ability to stand and/or walk all day. In addition, occasional heavy lifting may be required, must have prior experience with plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance repair and unit turnover procedures. Duties of this position may require strength and endurance in performing heavy manual labor.
Alternating on-call shifts required. Must live within 30mins of Newport and have a Valid driver’s license and own transportation required for on-call.
Previous maintenance experience required, team player and strong customer service skills. Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401K and 15 vacation days accrued during the 1st year).
Please forward resume to this ad or fax 617-830-0370. Pre-employment background check & drug test required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers