compensation: $18.00-$20.00/hour plus on-call pay, paid vacation, personal time, 401K participation and excellent health insurance package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Maintains and repairs physical structures of The Grossman Companies, Inc. commercial and residential real estate properties and grounds by performing the following duties listed below. This position requires the ability to work any of the seven days per week (a total of 40 hours per week plus on-call hours which will be rotated with the Maintenance Supervisor). This is an hourly paid position plus on-call pay, paid vacation, personal time, 401K participation and excellent health insurance package.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor with capital projects including; identifying needs of the property, scope development, bid solicitation and project management.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor with overseeing schedules and work performed by approved contractors. Manage and inspect their work to ensure accuracy and completion in a timely manner.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor with apartment turnovers and assure they are completed efficiently and to the property turnover protocol.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor in the required maintenance necessary to maintain curb appeal and the overall appearance and quality of the property.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor with identifying potential problems and bring forward solutions.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor with preventative maintenance on all required buildings and equipment belonging to the property.
• Duties include, but, are not limited to, cleaning, painting, carpentry, interior/exterior maintenance, lawn care, snow-removal, plumbing, minor electrical work, roof repairs, HVAC system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
• Complete work orders as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager.
• Enter and complete work orders by logging actions and findings in an accurate and timely fashion in our Building Engines Work Order Portal App.
• Maintain accurate and detailed records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
• Safely use a wide variety of power and hand tools.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area, returning tools, equipment and supplies to the appropriate storage areas after each assignment.
• Available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs, after normal working hours, and able to respond back to the property within 60 minutes of receiving notification. On-call hours will be rotated with the Maintenance Supervisor.
• When required, be available to respond to weather and environmental related emergencies, such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornados, floods, and fires.
• Adhere to company policies, procedures, and State and Federal Fair Housing Laws.
• Provide outstanding customer service and demonstrate good verbal and listening skills.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager
Preparation, knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates ability to perform duties and responsibilities as described.
• Experience in Residential Property Management and Maintenance preferred.
Specific Skills or Knowledge requirements:
• Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, contractors or employees of the organization.
• Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer: Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word and Outlook, and knowledge of the Internet.
• Carpentry, Plumbing, HVAC and basic Electrical skills
• Strong professionalism, customer service and people skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication, math, decision-making and reasoning skills
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Team oriented with the ability to work independently
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic and reliable
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• Normal business environment
• Travel by car to on site property for emergency or required maintenance after hours
• May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions when managing properties or performing snow removal (heat/cold)
• Carrying of files/equipment up to 50 pounds
• The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, feel, talk and hear.
• Employee must maintain reliable transportation daily, valid driver's license, and valid vehicle insurance.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers