This is the job you want.
QR Code Link to This Post
Advantages to working with us:
• Pleasant, casual work environment. No pressure. No drama. Awesome co-workers.
• Way, way more support for you as an individual than you'll ever experience working for a big chain or medical office.
• You'll be supported in creating lasting relationships with a wide variety of clients, unlike working at a spa or hotel.
• Any modalities you have to bring to the table will be celebrated and promoted.
• We do all the grunt work. All you have to do is show up and work your magic.
• Our standard downtime between clients is 30 minutes, unlike the stressful 10 minutes you get at Massage Envy.
• We pay commission based on the regular price per session, regardless of whether the client gets a discount. The longer you work for us, the higher your commission.
• Lots of room for your professional growth.
• Rhode Island LMT license
• professional insurance
• strong interest in bodywork as a form of health care
• respect for the art of healing
• enthusiasm for educating clients about what we do
• basic computer and customer service skills
Ideal workers are skilled, professional, outgoing, and passionate about therapeutic bodywork. We specifically need people experienced and talented at myofascial bodywork and deep tissue massage.
While we do provide relaxation massage, we also attract clients who are looking for therapeutic help with injuries or chronic issues. Experience in myofascial or structural bodywork is preferred.
We sometimes do short sessions; some people book frequent short sessions to better resolve their complaints. We need our therapists to be comfortable doing effective short sessions – even just 15 minutes.
We're searching for two skilled, sensitive licensed massage therapists who can do at least three shifts a week; at least one shift must be a weekend. Additionally, we hope to find someone interested in doing later evening, on-call hours at our office (there will be extra compensation for the on-call shifts); ideally this LMT will have the flexibility to also sub for various shifts when people take time off.
Before applying, please read about our practice at westsidewell.com. To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.