One year Contract
Globally recognized company!
Must have short form, blogging, social media writing as well as corporate collateral and packaging!
Our team seeks a talented writer to write persuasive on-brand copy for our packaging and retail collateral. In this role, you will also collaborate with product managers to write, develop, and partner in graphic design of instructions, game rules, etc.
The select candidate must love to play board and card games and must possess excellent writing, editorial, and project management skills. You may also be called upon to name characters. In addition, the writer should have experience developing longer-form instructions such as manuals or rules booklets, and knowledge of graphic design principles. As a leader in the game market, we promise to keep you very busy and the select candidate must be capable of managing as many as 20 concurrent projects and track constantly changing product information to keep all copy accurate.
Flawless copy editing and proofreading skills are required, as well as knowledge of editorial best practices as defined in Chicago Manual. The candidate must also possess strong verbal and interpersonal skills and be able to work productively on a cross-functional team.
-Develop accurate and accessible game rules
-Work closely with Game Designer to test and refine gameplay.
-Rewrite "rough rules" to polished and accurate final version, recommending illustrations and other art.
-Manage changes to game components, assembly, and gameplay as they affect rules.
- Create compelling and on-brand packaging copy
- Work with Marketing and Game Design to develop compelling names and taglines via namestorms, market research, testing, etc.
- Write creative copy for front and back of package, ensuring that messaging and communication conform to specifications of the packaging brief.
- Produce accurate legal, licensor, and regulatory copy.
- Keep copy documents up to date on server.
• Write translation briefs for global versions of games.
BA in English, Writing, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent related experience required.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years experience in a copywriting or publishing position .
• Demonstrated creative and technical writing talent
• Knowledge of communication strategies
• Knowledge of publication design or information design a plus but not required
• Ability to pair appropriate words with visual elements
• Advanced presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to think quickly and adjust to changing circumstances
• Flexibility to work independently, collaboratively, or as a project lead
• Proven time/project management ability
• Fluid command of English language and grammar
• Excellent attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
• Confidence, resilience, and a positive attitude
JR - Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of one year of editorial or copy writing experience.
Mid-Level - Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three years editorial or copy writing experience.
Senior - Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of seven years editorial or copy writing experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers